Elder Trevor Aiken

Elder Trevor Aiken

Monday, December 28, 2015

Happy New Year - 2016!


     Hello everyone! How was your amazing Christmas week? This past week had some amazing moments! But let me start off by saying a huge happy birthday to my best friend Zack Kushlan today!! I Miss him!! 
    This week we had an amazing lesson with our Ethiopian friend Bereket again and that was such a blessing. It was then finished off closest to home with talking to my family on Skype.  I could never have imagined the power there is in Skyping home and looking into the eyes of my mother, with a love parallel to the the Savior, and three returned missionaries, and seeing their conviction to the Savior as they testified that this is where I am supposed to be. I have never felt so united with my family. I cannot express enough gratitude for my brother's testimonies of their missions and witness of the Savior. They are my heroes. I do not know where I would be without them. Following in the footsteps of my father and brothers is the best decision I have ever made. Shall we not go on in so great a cause! This is the greatest work on earth! I love my family so much and I miss them terribly, but that will not, rather cannot, exceed my love for the Savior. He is my Savior and He saved all of us. He saved me. Coming unto Him in this mission time has changed my life forever. I am so happy to be here. Seeing my family made me so happy but it made me realize even more how I am not even close to being ready to return to them, and they would never let me!  I have so many more people to serve, lessons to teach, and the gospel to share. 




     I will never be able to explain how 7 months have already passed but here I am finishing my 4th transfer. Time flies when you are having fun, and time flies when you are doing what's right. As we approach the New Year we have two choices. We can look back on what we have done or we can move forward into the new year. For me, moving into the only full year of my life that I will spend as a full time missionary, this is what I say:

22 Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, brethren; and on, on to the victory! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad.

     On... On to the victory. We can do this! There is nothing we can not in the hands of the Lord! No road unconquerable! No height unreached! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad! We have a Savior Jesus Christ everyone! Never look back. There is no purpose in it. Move on and on to the victory!! Go forward not backward! He will walk with you every step of the way. Forget every mistake and wrongs others have made. He did. Especially move past the mistakes you made. He did. Make this the best year of your life. Make it one to remember. Give yourself to the Lord just one year and just try to put a limit on what He will give you. Try him. Give Him this year and He will pour the blessings from heaven into your life and there will not be room enough to receive them. Brethren, please... Shall we not go on in so great a cause? This new year, step into the first day running. Look at this new year for hope, change, new, better, clean, dreams, mending, renewal. Look to Him. Find the star! Wise men will always seek Him. Join them in their journey to Him. I will plan on doing so. Because if I do, I too, like the wise men, will return home "another way." Finish this next year another way. A better way. I will give my all this next year so that I can return home, another way. I love you all. I hope you had an amazing Christmas and I hope you are preparing for a great New Year!
Love,
Elder Trevor Aiken 

No comments:

Post a Comment