Elder Trevor Aiken

Elder Trevor Aiken

Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 41!

     This last week was an awesome week! This is my favorite area, Ward, and apartment yet. It has been so fun. I have been fighting to eat healthy, work out, and go running together, but the other Elders were just not feeling it. 



     But then..Zone conference came...President Nagano spoke and led the first training of the meeting and then... Sister Nagano went up and it was just straight fire. She said she wanted to talk about health and I thought, "ok, here we go. Note taking time!" She went through nutrition, exercise, and eating healthy. The whole time I just kept looking over at the other Elders and guilt tripped a little bit you know. Then Sister Nagano finished strong. "Elders and Sisters, when you accepted your call to be a missionary you gave your body to the Lord. It is not yours anymore. You gave yourself to the Lord. This is the Lord's time. Don't waste his time." Game.. Set.. Match! All I am going to say is that the other Elders and I all have a diet plan, we work out from 6 am for an hour, and starting next week we are running three days a week! Miracles come in so many ways! So many ways! 



     Also, if you have not all wished my big brother Tanner Happy Birthday you better do it soon ok. That is some important stuff! I love my brother so much and he is such an example to me so please wish him the best!
     Now, a little about the work. I will tell you what we are doing in my area right now. When I came here, our area book was pretty small because they just added 2 more Elders here recently and there was not any activities. Now, we are working with the youth and have an activity and a spiritual message every week which is so awesome to see their testimonies grow. We are doing Mogi lessons (practice lessons) with members where they play the part of an investigator and we teach them, then we pray together for the investigator, ask them to pray for the investigator in their personal prayers, and we follow up with them with our miracle the following week. That has been awesome. One thing I make me and my companion do in every area is go to the city hall and ask where the nearest service building is and we go ask for service opportunities. We will go join an English class and teach next week which is so exciting too. Also, our main finding efforts is what we call Kinjin dendo. (Golden investigator proselyting). We just stop people and we state our purpose right at the beginning so that there is no confusion and we teach a short principle and invite them to learn within a minute or so. We are just focusing on finding the elect, but that is what it is like for me!
     The spiritual thing I learned this last week came from something President Nagano said in his conference that I have not heard for a while. He was talking about his son and how it takes a village to raise a young man. Almost as if I could hear the words the scripture for 2 Kings 6 came to my mind.
16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more thanthey that be with them.
17 And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.
     

     I was raised, protected, and guided by so much more than a village. You have all guided my life and given me direction. I cannot imagine my life now if it were not for all of you. And if our eyes could be opened we truly would see chariots of Fire
round about us as far as the eye could see standing ready at our side, fearlessly looking to guide us home. We are and never will be alone in this fight. I was filled with such peace this last week because there will ALWAYS be more with us than they that be with them!! We have endless Concourse of brothers and sisters fighting alongside us on the other side of the veil, and villages and villages to raise us up in this life. Never give up! To Zion!! To Zion!! Onward and onward to the victory! 

     I love you all so much. I miss you all and I am excited for the day when I will see you again, but until then, please let us have eyes to see and ears to hear the chariots coming to our aid. I love you all so much! Have the best week ever!
Love,
Elder Trevor Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment