Elder Trevor Aiken

Elder Trevor Aiken

Monday, March 28, 2016

Transfer #7

     I cannot believe that I am officially transfer 7. That is so insane. Time flies by way too fast! My companion and I are both staying which is awesome. It is his last transfer in the mission so I will send him home.  I am district leader again over 10 missionaries and it is best news ever! I love being district leader so much! It pushes me to be the best that I can possibly be. Especially when we have sisters in our district who had 38 lessons last week to finsih the transfers. For Japan that is a lot!! 


     But we had the biggest miracle Easter Sunday yesterday to finish off the transfer! We worked so hard to lead up to it by working with the youth, members, and investigators this last transfer. 


     We were able to see our friend Ben enter the waters of baptism, I got to go to the temple and be baptized for my friend Natalia's grandpa which I will never forget, and we have a date for the 16th of next month to go with all of the youth and Ben to the temple to do family work. Just an eventful transfer which I will never forget. I have never seen the Lord's hands at work so much in my mission. We had an activity with the youth and we had 4 investigators come which was such a miracle, then the miracle of Easter is when we had 11 investigators come to church! Such an amazing transfer! I am so excited to push harder, work harder, and give my all to the Lord. I love this work! 


     Yesterday was such an amazing day. Easter Sunday. He is risen. He is risen! Are there sweeter words for the ear to hear. Our Savior and Redeemer of the world stands once again in the kingdom of heaven. He was in the tomb for three days, but He was not resting. He was teaching with every second He had in paradise. He gave everyone the chance to hear His word. I love my Savior so much. I want to give every second I have to this work. I will never give up, or waste His time. He never did. He cared for and loved everyone. He performed His Atonement with greater love than man can hold. He suffered EVERYTHING, so that we may not have to. Everything.  I do not think we can even comprehend. 

16 For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent;

17 But if they would not repent they must suffer even as I;

18 Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit--and would that I might not drink the bitter cup, and shrink--

     If it made Him, the greatest of all, to tremble and bleed from every pore because of pain, why do we still sin in our wish as Alma said. Why would we put that upon Him and why would we put that upon ourselves? We do not need to feel that anymore! Give it to Him! Give up the pain and misery! HE took it! Lift up your eyes to the Horizon. To the Son, for soon He cometh. Never give up! He atoned for us. At the heart of Atonement is one. He atoned for all of us! For you.. for me.. everyone. He knows you perfectly. He knows each and every one of us as we are and as we will one day be. Hold on. Let Him walk with you every step of the way. Let Him carry you when you cannot stand. Let Him guide your life and be the way. Let Him save you. Let Him. That is all He leaves to us. All we need to do... is Let Him. 
     I pray that the Savior can reside in all of our thoughts and hearts in this Easter season. For Him "it is finished," but for us, our work still goes on. May we work to bring any and all unto Him once again. 
     I love you all so much! The new year is a great time for a fresh start, but if there was ever a day to change it all and find the path, it is in this Easter time. In the time of our Risen Lord. I love you all so much! Have the best week ever! 
Love,
Elder Trevor Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment