Elder Trevor Aiken

Elder Trevor Aiken

Monday, April 4, 2016

Fellowship of the Unashamed!

The cherry blossoms are out!
    This week was such an awesome week! Our area is progressing so much and it has been so fun.  I had my first district meeting as the DL this transfer and it is the best. I love to lead and I'm grateful for the opportunity! I love to be able to share my testimony and testify to these amazing missionaries that they can and will see miracles according to their faith. But the best part is being able to learn from them. I get to talk to each of them as my brothers and sisters of God and ask them the best ways they have found that would help me to return with them to our Father. I love this work so much. This is the best time of my life. It goes way too fast. I cannot miss home because I am so busy that I do not have time to and it is the best blessing ever. 
     I hope everyone enjoyed conference as well. We do not get to see it until the week after here so no spoilers! It is funny, before my mission I liked conference, but when I was younger I liked it because it started an hour later than church! As a missionary it is like a new movie is coming out that has been hyped up all year. I get so excited for conference. To feel of that spirit in such abundance, and to be able to receive revelation just for me personally. Isn't it amazing?? How great is this gospel everyone??!! Is there a greater joy??
     I had the chance this week to go and give my first blessing in Japanese and it was so interesting to see the spirit call upon the Japanese I have learned to help me say what was in my heart to the best of my ability. It was such an amazing experience. But I think the best part of Japan right now is that we have Sakura season! That is when the cherry blossoms come out and it is the most beautiful time of the year! I love it!




     Brothers and sisters I am just so happy. Ammon put it perfectly in Alma 26:
     "Behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with cjoy, and I will rejoice in my God... yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel."
     I cannot describe the joy that feels my heart as I share this gospel message to as many as I can. I am truly changed forever. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I cannot put it into words very well, but I will use the aptly spoken words by Bob Moorehead.



     "I am a part of the Fellowship of the Unashamed. I have Holy Spirit power. The dye has been cast. I have stepped over the line, the decision has been made... I am a disciple of Jesus. I won't look back, go back, hold back, let up, slow down, back away, hesitate of be still! My past is redeemed, my present remade and my future re-aimed. I am finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tame visions, mundane talking, chintzy giving, dwarfed goals, deficient faith, and cheap grace.
     I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, prestige or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by presence, lean by faith, love by patience, lift by prayer, and labor by power. 
     My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven, my gift is grace and my God is good... My road is narrow, my way is rough my companions few, my guide reliable, my mission clear and my power sufficient. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, diluted, distracted, deterred, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, wilt in the heat of the battle, or meander in e maze of mediocrity. 
     I won't give up, shut up, let up, or burn up until I've preached up, prayed up, paid up, stored up, worked up and stayed up for the cause of Christ. I am part of the Fellowship of the Unashamed. I walk in good company, I am a disciple of Jesus. I must go until he comes, give until I drop, preach until all know, stay until all gland work until He stops. And when He comes to get His own, He'll have no trouble recognizing me... My colors will be clear! Amen."
     Have the best week ever! I am a part of the Fellowship of the Unashamed. 
Love,
Elder Trevor Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment